Wednesday, June 26, 2013

SOMETHING TO POST!

 Interestingly enough I just typed the first line of this post and thought "I should see when I posted last" and when I looked my first sentence was exactly the same as the one I had just wrote. I must not be a very interesting blogger... But if you're reading this(And you're not just me spell checking) than that means someone thinks I'm interesting right! (Or that someone has a really boring night ahead of them.) 

 To catch up a little, I never finished my kitchen, I did intern at Mutiny for a bit and honestly would like to still be doing so but I'm trying to stay out of the way whilst they have bigger things to do. I'm also trying to find a job right now since we just moved! (Like a month ago... I really should write more) Its been a kinda weird time since I don't have a job and thus far the only job that I have come across that looks remotely like something I would want to do is at JBU as a lab Tech of sorts, I applied for the job awhile ago and never heard back until today.(when I had totally given up)But the brief phone interview I had I'm not sure was the best impression i have ever made. Apart from that brief positive light my job search has been less than enjoyable, I still believe God has the right job for me somewhere. I just wish he would tell me where so I could go apply. 

 In the meantime I figured this would be a good time to do the things I have always thought to do but never did. I have started working out so many times I have totally lost count, And thus today I began once more, hopefully I will continue a bit longer than a few weeks. I also started modeling again (I do look so good now that I'm working out) To begin I did a tutorial on a Nessan Z, which was fun but it wasn't built to have real  detail, and thus i lost interest after finishing the actual car. A few days ago I found an interesting sword to model  (yep I did another sword.) It was inspired by an Anime I was watching which though the anime was sub par, I thought the sword would prove an interesting challenge. And thus here it is!
And here is the source image I used. Mine is a bit different, mainly in that it has a much longer curve, but it still is a decent recreation I think. I'm always looking for input, leave any thoughts in the comments. I'm hoping to keep throwing these up on a weekly (or whenever I finish) basis. In doing so perhaps I will finally build a portfolio for myself. And since I'm asking advice I figure I should post my nessan, it is less than awesome but a fun tutorial.
And thats it for today. Hopefully someone thought this was an interesting use of their time.
Be back again soon. 
-Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment